DLLs once deployed in GAC (normally located at c:\windows\assembly) can’t be viewed or used as a normal DLL file.
If we need to get the DLL file from the GAC you must follow the following steps.
- Run regsvr32 /u %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\\shfusion.dll
- Open «%windir%\assembly\GAC_MSIL».
- Browse to your DLL folder into the deep to find your DLL.
- Copy the DLL somewhere on you hd
- Run regsvr32 %windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\ \shfusion.dll to re-register the shfusion.dll file and regain the original distinct view of the GAC.
|shfusion.dll file (Assembly Cache Viewer) is a Windows Shell Extension, which allows management of assemblies the GAC.|